Sunday 24 February 2013

Inspiration

When I was younger and first began writing, I was inspired by what I read. I read a lot of books written by authors like Jacqueline Wilson and Sarra Manning. While reading their books I would get ideas from the plots, settings and characters and use them to develop my own writing. Now I’m quite a lot older, my writing isn’t really inspired by things I read although the way things are written still gives me inspiration. For example, Cecelia Ahern’s style of writing is something that I’m influenced by.

I think my writing is mainly inspired by things I have experienced and places I have been. For example, I have been to a lot of music concerts and theatre productions and they often inspire me to write about them. I’m also inspired by places I’ve been on holiday such as Scotland, Spain, The Czech Republic, Ireland and America. These places usually inspire the settings and locations for stories I write. I find it much easier to write about things I know, rather than completely relying on my imagination. Having said that, if it wasn’t for my imagination everything I write would probably be very boring. I suppose I am influenced and inspired by everything that is happening around me, whether I notice it or not.

2 comments:

  1. You make a good point that you are influenced by everything around you, regardless of whether you recognise it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great clarity to your writing, and a lively tone which I enjoy. I like that you detail that it's not only specific things that inspire you, but a large variety of things, from music to countries themselves, and that you identify that we're not always inspired by things that we can identify. Sometimes we're just inspired by something without even realising the connection between our idea and what we've experianced.

    ReplyDelete